Kala gulab jamun indian dessert. Black Gulab Jamun Recipe with step by step images – these perfectly shaped, deep-fried jamuns are prepared with khoya, paneer and stuffed with nutty filling then drenched in sugar syrup. Easy to make, it's so perfect in every way. Think of these as the first cousin of Kesar Gulab Jamun.
You can even make round shaped kala jamun. I used half of the dough to make kala jamun and the remaining half for Dry jamun. In a pan add sugar, water and a dash of lemon juice. You can have Kala gulab jamun indian dessert using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kala gulab jamun indian dessert
- You need 250 gn of Mawa (khowa).
- You need 50 gm of fresh paneer.
- You need 50 gm of All-purpose flour.
- Prepare 100 gram of dry fruits of your choice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Food colour.
- Prepare 3-4 of cardamom.
- It’s 250 gm of ghee.
- Prepare 3 cups of sugar.
Bring it to a boil and cook till it become a one string consistency. Kala jamun is very famous Indian dessert and its similar to gulab jamun, the key difference between kala jamun and gulab jamun is the colour and stuffing. Traditionally kala jamun are made by adding sugar in dough which caramelises upon frying in oil. The caramelisation of sugar makes it dark black in colour.
Kala gulab jamun indian dessert step by step
- Firstly crumble Mawa and paneer with hands and then add all-purpose flour knead into a smooth dough.
- Separate 1/4 of dough from rest of it.
- To the smaller portions of dough add dry fruits and cardamom and pinch of food colour.
- Make small balls and add the colour dough into it's inner core.
- Fry it with pure ghee or dalda.
- For sugar syrup add 3cups of sugar and 3 cups of water make sure it is thin enough to it absorbsed properly for flavour you can add cardamom powder and lemon juice.
- Ready to be served.
Now the process has become easy with ready to use milk powder or khoya or ready to make Jamun powders. Here is one such Gulab Jamun recipe I made from MTR Ready-mix. There is a variation of this Gulab jamun called Kala Jamun. The Kala Jamun looks the same as Gulab Jamun but darker in color. Some people also call it as a suji ke gulab jamun or black gulab jamun and even kala rasgulla.