Asian-Style Nut Cookies.
You can cook Asian-Style Nut Cookies using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Asian-Style Nut Cookies
- You need of Cookie dough.
- Prepare 70 grams of Cake flour.
- Prepare 20 grams of Margarine or butter.
- It’s 20 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 1/2 of Egg.
- It’s of Nut filling.
- Prepare 70 grams of ★ Mixed nuts.
- Prepare 30 grams of ★ Your choice of dried fruit.
- You need 10 grams of Ground sesame seeds or roasted sesame seeds.
- You need 10 grams of Coarse glutinous rice flour.
- Prepare 1 of joshinko, kambaiko , or any other rice flour of your choice Or, if unavailable, use….
- It’s 30 grams of Sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Water.
- Prepare 1 dash of Cinnamon (optional).
- Prepare of Egg wash.
- It’s 1 of Beaten egg.
Asian-Style Nut Cookies instructions
- For the nut filling: Mince the ★ ingredients. Combine all of the ingredients listed under "nut filling" in a bowl, and knead them until they come together into a ball. Adjust the amount of water depending on the consistency..
- For the cookie dough: Put the margarine and sugar into a bowl and cream together. When the mixture turns white, add the beaten egg a little at a time, in several batches..
- Add the cake flour to the mixture from Step 2, then briskly mix with a rubber spatula. Roll the dough out to a 5 mm thickness. Make two sheets of dough to fit the pound cake mold..
- Line the mold with plastic wrap or parchment paper..
- Fill the mold first with a layer of dough, then a layer of nut filling, then a layer of dough, making sure to press firmly after each layer to fill in any gaps. Press down on the top for good measure..
- Chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 180℃.
- Remove the mold from the refrigerator and release the cookie and lining from the mold. Brush an egg wash on top of the cookie dough..
- Bake in preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes. Cool, then cut and serve..
- I made high-fiber cookies with 40 g cake flour, 10 g whole wheat flour, 20 g okara, 20 g prunes, and 10 g orange peel. They're delightful..