Date and walnut bars. This recipe for golden, chewy, date-and-walnut-packed bars comes from the Los Angeles pastry chef Margarita Manzke, who grew up in the Philippines and now runs the sweet side of the kitchen at République When she was in high school, Manzke came across Date-and-Walnut Bars. Paola & Murray for The New York Times. These Date Walnut Bars are sweetened with one-quarter cup of honey, while most date bar recipes use a cup of sugar, or more.
One of their presents was a recipe box filled with their In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, dates and nuts. One of my favorite flavors from childhood is the Chinese date and walnut candy that I probably ate too much of. It's super sticky and chewy and, well They are still sweet but with the interesting mix of the dates, brown sugar, and powdered sugar. You can have Date and walnut bars using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Date and walnut bars
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of butter, melted.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Dark brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of White sugar.
- You need 3 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of Dates, chopped.
- You need 1 cup of Walnuts, chopped.
These bars are easy to put together and happen to be. Shira Bocar shares a healthy way to satisfy your sweet tooth with a no-bake recipe for Dark Chocolate Walnut Date Bars. Dessert ready in about an hour! MORE+ LESS These fruit-and-nut bars are like soft granola bars; they make a hearty and delicious addition to a lunch box.
Date and walnut bars step by step
- Sift the flour. Add the baking powder, baking soda and salt into the flour. Set aside..
- Add brown sugar, white sugar to the melted butter. Mix well..
- Add the eggs to the butter-sugar mixture one at a time. Make sure the eggs are mixed well. Then , fold in dates and walnuts to the mixture..
- Add the flour. Mix until just combined, dont overbeat..
- Oil or butter the pan (9×14 inch). Pour the batter and spread evenly. Bake at 350°F for 30-40 minutes or until done..
- Let it cool completely before cutting into bars..
- You could also wrap them in colored cellophane. Perfect as a holiday treat or gift..
All Reviews for Oatmeal Bars with Dates and Walnuts. Date Walnut Bread is a very nice tea bread bursting with the flavor of sweet dates and crunchy walnuts. Oatmeal Date Bars: Healthy Snacks for Travel. These date bars continue to be a big hit at our house. I made another batch for our trip this past weekend to This beautiful date caramel forms the filling for these healthy bars.