Soft Japanese Cheese Cake. Cotton soft, light, fluffy and the best Japanese cheesecake. Japanese cotton cheesecake is also jiggly, due to the meringue egg white mixture in the recipe. Japanese Cheesecake has the tangy, creamy flavor of cheesecake, with the moist, cotton-soft texture of soufflé.
Cotton Cheesecake / Japanese Cheesecake is the perfect combination of sponge cake and cheesecake. This easy recipe with video has lots of tips and tricks. Fluffy Jiggly Japanese Cheesecake. featured in American Vs. You can have Soft Japanese Cheese Cake using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Soft Japanese Cheese Cake
- Prepare 250 gram of Philadelphia cream cheese.
- Prepare 6 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 60 gram of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 100 ml of milk.
- You need 1 Tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 tsp of lemon zest(optional).
- You need 60 gram of cake flour.
- You need 20 gram of corn starch.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Meringue.
- You need 6 of egg whites.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cream of tartar.
- You need 140 gram of castor sugar.
Get ready to whip a lot of egg whites to create this exciting jiggly texture as well as layer in flavors like cream cheese. Have you tried Japanese cheesecake before? Japanese cheesecake is pillowy soft, with That is why is called soufflé cheesecake in Japan. It involves (a) beating the egg.
Soft Japanese Cheese Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Melt cream cheese, butter and milk over a double boiler. Cool the mixture. Fold in the flour, the cornflour, egg yolks, lemon juice and mix well..
- Whisk egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy. Add in the sugar and whisk until stiff peaks form..
- Add the cheese mixture to the egg white mixture and mix well. Pour into a 8-inch non-stick cake pan (or line a baking sheet with parchment paper). Drop pan against countertop to release trapped bubbles.
- Bake cheesecake in a water bath for 1 hours or until set and golden brown in preheat oven then turn off the heat and let the cheese cake stay in oven for about 15minutes..
- Ready to eat or store in a fridge after cool down. enjoy!.
This is a very soft and light cheesecake, not heavy and dense like New York cheesecakes. My Japanese Cheesecake Recipe has the same cotton-soft sweetness and jiggly nature – now simplified from the usual complex methods of other recipes. Japanese Cheesecake has the most beautiful texture – soft, light and airy. Every bite just melts in your mouth. You sometimes hear these cheesecakes referred to a Cotton-Soft.