Turon Filipino Banana Lumpia Dessert. Turon are deep fried bananas wrapped in spring roll wrappers. This is a famous dessert and snack in the Philippines. Turon is a type of Filipino snack.
Today I made some Turon (Banana lumpia) usually served as a snack (mirienda in the Philippines) or a dessert. This banana lumpia is my take on a tasty Filipino treat! Bananas, fried in lumpia wrappers with brown sugar, and covered with caramel. You can cook Turon Filipino Banana Lumpia Dessert using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Turon Filipino Banana Lumpia Dessert
- You need 6 of Saba bananas.
- Prepare 1 cup of ripe jackfruit.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 12 pieces of spring roll wrappers.
- Prepare 2 cup of cooking oil.
I've actually been meaning to make banana lumpia (aka turon) since I saw it in a Filipino cookbook a few months ago. Filipino turon recipe for turon that's crispy and crunchy whether fried or baked. Serve with vanilla ice cream and salted caramel sauce and you have yourself a dessert that transports you straight to the tropics Which brings me to this Filipino turon recipe (some people like to call it banana lumpia). Turon is a popular Filipino snack that's sweet, crunchy, and satisfying.
Turon Filipino Banana Lumpia Dessert instructions
- Roll banana on brown sugar. Making sure you coat the entire banana with a lot of sugar.
- Place the banana coated with brown sugar in the spring roll wrapper and add some jackfruit.
- Fold and wrap spring roll wrapper sealing it with water or homemade paste (see my lumpia recipe for directions on how to make paste).
- In a pan, heat up the oil and put brown sugar and wait until the brown sugar floats.
- Put in the wrapped bananas and fry until the wrapper turns golden brown and the extra sugar sticks on the wrapper.
- Serve hot with or without ice cream on top! Enjoy!.
Ripe saba banana, jackfruit, and brown sugar are rolled together in a flour lumpia wrapper and fried to a golden Typically served for merienda (Filipino afternoon snack) or dessert, turon has the perfect blend of flavor and texture. Try Turon (Filipino Banana Roll) and discover the uniqueness of northern California. Roll up sugared bananas in lumpia wrappers. Fold over the corners of wrapper and press down firmly to seal. Lumpia wrappers are a thin pastry made from flour or cornstarch, eggs and water.