Moong dal halwa or split petite mung beans dessert. Moong dal halwa recipe with step by step photos. Other names = yellow split mung beans. you can buy it here. When you split a whole mung bean (the green lentil photo above this one), you get moong dal.
The split mung beans/dal are soaked. Then cooked till they mash easily. The Tadka/Tempering is made in a separate pan with mustard seeds. You can have Moong dal halwa or split petite mung beans dessert using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Moong dal halwa or split petite mung beans dessert
- It’s 3 bowl of any size small or medium mung beans soaked.
- It’s 3 bowl of or little less sugar.
- It’s 2 bowl of desi ghee.
- You need of Almond soaked and chopped.
- Prepare of Cardamom powder.
- It’s 3 bowl of same as mung beans water.
Moong Dal Halwa is a delicacy of the state of Rajasthan. It is a rich, creamy and pudding-like dessert. Suji halwa or sheera, rava kesari & carrot halwa are some of them which appear most commonly. Moong dal halwa is one that is not made often but sure is a festive & celebration dessert. ··· green mung bean,Mung dal, toor whole ,pigeon beans,black Matpe beans,sesame seeds,roasted and grined seeds color sorted ,gravity machine clean hand You can also choose from bulk, vacuum pack split moong dal, as well as from vigna beans, peas split moong dal, and whether split moong.
Moong dal halwa or split petite mung beans dessert instructions
- Soak mung beans atleast for 4 to 5 hours.
- Now blend it make a smooth paste.
- Take a heavy base pan and add desi ghee.
- Add mung beans paste and stay at very low flame.
- Stir it to fry golden.
- Dont pause otherwise it will burn.
- When it start smell sweet and looks golden and parted then add almonds.
- At other side make water hot and add sugar.boil it for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Now roast almonds with mung beans paste.
- Add syrup to paste and stir it until it all soaked syrup.
- Garnish with again almonds or not.yummy and mouthwatering halwa is ready.
Moong dal halwa is a luxurious yet lip-smacking sweet from the state of Rajasthan. Moong dal ka halwa will fill your home with a strong aroma captivating all your senses and making your mouth watery. I am so trying this recipe Ruchi di! Rich and delicious, moong dal halwa takes some time to get ready but the end result is well worth all the effort. North Indians just need a reason to prepare this sweet delight called moong dal halwa.