Turkish Soft Apple Cookies.
You can have Turkish Soft Apple Cookies using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Turkish Soft Apple Cookies
- Prepare 340 grams of Flour (all-purpose flour).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Baking powder.
- You need 120 grams of Butter.
- You need 50 ml of Vegetable oil.
- You need 50 ml of Hot water.
- Prepare 50 ml of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 of mediums ☆Apple.
- It’s 3 tbsp of ☆Sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ☆Lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ☆Cinnamon.
- You need 1 of Powdered sugar.
Turkish Soft Apple Cookies instructions
- First, make apple preserves with the ☆ ingredients. Slice the apples into small, thin wedges (cut an apple vertically into eighths, and slice into a thickness of 3 mm)..
- Put Step 1 in a deep heat-resistant container, add the sugar and lemon juice, softly cover with cling film, and microwave for 10 minutes at 700 W. After 10 minutes, skim off the scum, and stir well..
- Microwave for a further 5 minutes. When they have become translucent, they are ready. Add cinnamon, mix, and set aside. Note: If it looks like they were turning into jam, shorten the cooking time!.
- To make the dough. Add vegetable oil, hot water, and sugar to the room temperature butter, and mix. Add the sifted flour and baking powder, and mix (don't over-mix)..
- Dust the work surface, and roll the dough out so it becomes about 18-20 cm in diameter and 5 mm thick (this time, I wanted to make the cookies look very nice, so after rolling the dough out, I shaped it into a beautiful circle using the bottom of a cake pan)..
- Cut the dough into 8 wedges..
- Put the apple preserves from Step 3 (about the size of the tip of your thumb) on the outside edge of the dough. Roll up the dough from the outside..
- Repeat Step 5 to Step 7, and line them on a baking tray. Bake in a oven preheated at 180℃ for 20-24 minutes. Adjust the baking time accordingly. Once the edges have turned light brown, they are done..
- Sprinkle powdered sugar using a tea strainer to finish. They go really well with tea..