Easy Apple Desert, vegan, paleo, sugar-free, dairy-free.
You can cook Easy Apple Desert, vegan, paleo, sugar-free, dairy-free using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Apple Desert, vegan, paleo, sugar-free, dairy-free
- Prepare 1 kg of Granny Smith or Brammley apples.
- It’s 2 of table spoons honey or maple syrup (more to taste).
- You need 1 tbs of ground cardamom.
- Prepare 1 Tbs of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tbs of ground ginger (can use minced fresh ginger as well).
- It’s 1 of /2 Teaspoon ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground cloves.
- Prepare 1 of lemon (juice only).
- Prepare 150 g of chopped walnuts.
- You need 100 g of (approx 6 heaped tablespoons) ground almonds.
- You need of For garnish (create your own).
- You need of Shredded coconut.
- You need of Flakes almonds.
- Prepare of Coconut yoghurt.
- It’s of Ice cream.
- It’s of Whipped cream.
Easy Apple Desert, vegan, paleo, sugar-free, dairy-free step by step
- Peel and chop apples. The larger the pieces the more defined they will be in the desert..
- Add 1 cm of water to the sauce pan and put on medium heat. Add apples, lemon juice, and all the spices..
- Cook on medium heat until apples let out the liquid, than move to low heat and simmer, stirring frequently..
- Chop the walnuts into smaller pieces with a sharp knife. When the apples start becoming soft but still maintain their shape, add the walnuts and ground almonds to the pot, and stir until they are mixed in well..
- Cook on the low heat for 3-4 minutes until almonds soak up much of the liquid. Taste the mix and add additional spicer or more Honey / mapple syrup, to taste.
- For paleo version, decorate with shredded coconut and flaked almonds. You can also serve with ice cream, coconut yoghurt or whipped cream. Second photo is whipped cream with some lavender sprinkles on top..