Banana Blueberry Bars.
You can cook Banana Blueberry Bars using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Banana Blueberry Bars
- You need 1 cup of dates (pitted and halved).
- You need 1/2 cup of apple juice.
- Prepare 3 cups of rolled oats, divided.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of ground nutmeg.
- You need 3 of ripe bananas.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh blueberries.
- You need 1/2 cup of walnuts.
Banana Blueberry Bars step by step
- In a small bowl, soak dates in apple juice for 10-15 minutes. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F..
- Line a 9×9 inch baking pan with parchment paper with the sides covered. Cut slits in the corners of the paper to overlap and lie flat..
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 cups of the rolled oats with cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix and set aside..
- Place the remaining 1 cup of rolled oats, bananas, and vanilla extract into a blender..
- Remove the dates from the apple juice and set aside. Strain the juice to add to the blender and blend until smooth..
- Add the dates to the blender and pulse a few times until the dates are in small pieces..
- Pour the banana mixture into the dry ingredient bowl. Mix well..
- Stir in the blueberries and walnuts..
- Using a spatula, pour the batter into the baking pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean..
- Cool at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before cutting and serving..