Oatmeal Cookies with dried cherrie and dried blueberries. Cook's notes: I like less-sweet cookies, so I reduce the amount of granulated sugar. Bonnie says: Dried blueberries are available at health food stores and bulk food stores. They are fairly expensive but deliver a powerful antioxidant punch and intense blueberry taste.
They look exactly like the photo. Did not spread out flat and are soft and chewy. This is a great variation to the traditional oatmeal raisin cookies. You can have Oatmeal Cookies with dried cherrie and dried blueberries using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Oatmeal Cookies with dried cherrie and dried blueberries
- Prepare 1/4 cup of softened butter (Smart Balance).
- Prepare 4 tbsp of applesauce or pearsauce.
- You need 3/4 cup of firmly packed light brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of granulated sugar (used a little less).
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 1 cup of wheat flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of walnuts.
- Prepare 1 cup of dried fruit (cherries, blueberries).
- You need 3 cup of old fashioned oatmeal, uncooked.
We love oatmeal but are not fans of raisins so dried blueberries are the perfect. The basic cookie dough for oatmeal cookies is a great base for any sort of dried fruit mix and any sort of ground spice that is available. I adapt these with the following add-ins instead of the ginger and blueberries: candied walnuts and dried sour cherries. My friends go crazy for them.
Oatmeal Cookies with dried cherrie and dried blueberries instructions
- Heat oven 350°F.
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer, until creamy..
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well..
- Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well..
- Add applesauce or pearsauce..
- Add oats, walnuts, dried fruit; mix well..
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungresed baking sheet..
- Bake 8 to 11 minutes. Cool completely. Store in air tight container. Freezes well..
Chewy Oatmeal Cookies with Dried Cherries and Chocolate ChipsJames Beard Foundation. Orange Cookies With Cherries And Maraschino Cherry Cookies Recipes. Healthy Cookies With Pistachios + Dried CherriesThe Cheerful Kitchen. Add the milk, dried cherries, and chocolate chips. Keyword blueberry cookies, blueberry oatmeal cookies, coconut The most delicious blueberry oatmeal cookies with sweet white chocolate and chewy coconut.