Peanut butter Banana Breakfast Cookies. They are naturally sweetened with bananas, maple syrup and are packed with fiber from the rolled oats. The trick is to meal-prep a batch of vegan cookies at the beginning of the week and throw them. I bring you a cookie recipe that is not only incredibly delicious, but also good enough to eat for breakfast.
Just watch the video and follow the steps. Mash the bananas with a fork in a large bowl. And I felt myself on the verge of a sugar crash just a couple of hours later. You can cook Peanut butter Banana Breakfast Cookies using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Peanut butter Banana Breakfast Cookies
- Prepare 1/2 cup of peanut butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of apple sauce.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 of mashed ripe bananas.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 1 tbsp of vanilla.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of ground flax seed.
- You need 1/4 cup of wheat bran.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of wheat germ.
- Prepare 2 cup of quick oats.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of dried currants.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of raisins.
- You need 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
These Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies are easy to make, tasty, and perfect for breakfast on-the-go! Full of fiber, complex carbs, and healthy fats. Healthy banana bread breakfast cookies that are made with just banana and oats. Super simple and easy to customize with add-ins, you'll love these as an easy, low-cal go-to.
Peanut butter Banana Breakfast Cookies instructions
- preheat oven to 350°F.
- mix peanut butter & applesauce.
- add brown sugar.
- add egg & vanilla.
- beat until smooth.
- stir in bananas, baking soda & salt.
- add flour, bran, flax, & wheat germ.
- mix well then add oatmeal, currants, raisins, & chocolate chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- bake 15 minutes or until edges have browned..
- cool on wire racks.
- adapted from http://www.parentsconnect.com/parents/food/recipe-center/easy-breakfasts/banana_oatmeal_breakfast_cookies.html.
Instant oat also called rolled oats in New Zealand – you need the thin and finely chopped grains, not the large one or the cookie will be too dry. It was so good when I made it for breakfast, that I thought about re-making it for dessert after dinner. And then the idea occurred to me. There are hundreds of reviews on the recipe. Banana bread, banana muffins, banana cake – there's so many delicious and exciting ways to use up those ripe bananas.