New York Style Cheese Cake.
You can have New York Style Cheese Cake using 11 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of New York Style Cheese Cake
- You need 15 of graham crackers.
- You need 5 tablespoons of butter melted.
- You need 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 4-8 oz of packages of cream cheese.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 4 of large eggs.
- Prepare 2/3 cups of sour cream.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 2 tablespoons of vanilla.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s of Make sure all ingredients are room tempreture before starting.
New York Style Cheese Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- In food processor or large ziplock bag, crush graham crackers into fine crumbs..
- Add the melted butter and 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar. Mix until crumbs are well covered with butter. It should look like wet sand..
- In a 9 inch spring form pan, spray with non stick spray. Pour the crumbs into pan and press crumbs on bottom and up sides of pan evenly as possible..
- Bake crust for 10 minutes. Remove and place on baking rack to cool. Lower oven to 325..
- In large mixing bowl, using stand or hand mixture, cream the 4 packs of cream cheese about 4 minutes or until smooth..
- Add the granulated sugar to cream cheese. Mix on high until smooth. About a minute..
- Add the eggs one at a time. Beat on high just until eggs are combined before adding the next egg..
- Add the vanilla, salt and sour cream. Add the 2/3 cup heavy cream. Mix until well combined..
- Place a oven safe cooking bag around spring form pan. Using heavy duty foil, wrap sides and bottom of pan crimping foil at top lip of pan. This keeps the water from ruining your cheese cake..
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into pan. Smooth the top and spread to even..
- In a deep pan big enough to hold the spring form pan, place the cheesecake inside the roaster or cassarole pan..
- Add hot water to outer pan. Water should come halfway up spring form pan..
- Place on lower third of oven carefully. Bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes. If you like a denser cheesecake, cook 2 hours without opening door..
- After the time is up, slightly crack open oven door and let cake sit undisturbed for 1 hour..
- After 1 hour, remove the springform pan from water bath. Place in refrigerator on cooling rack for 6 hours or preferably over night. Do not cover..
- If you like the sour cream topping that is shown i will make a seperate recipe after this..
- Remove spring form pan and serve with topping of choice..
- Here is my Chocolate Chip Cheesecake with Ganache, Cookie Dough Frosting Swirls and a Cookie crust.