Apple Streusel Bars.
You can cook Apple Streusel Bars using 20 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Apple Streusel Bars
- Prepare 1 of FOR CRUST.
- Prepare 2 cup of flour.
- You need 1/2 of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 of egg, beaten.
- Prepare 1 of FOR APPLE FILLING.
- It’s 1 cup of softened butter.
- Prepare 1/2 of sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 6 cup of peeled and cored and sliced baking apples such as granny smith or cortland.
- Prepare 1 of FOR GLAZE.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar.
- It’s 3 tbsp of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of apple pie or pumpkin pie spice mix.
- You need 1 of ADDITION TO CRUMB TOPPING.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of toffee bits such as heath bits.
Apple Streusel Bars instructions
- TO PREPARE PASTRY CRUST.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt,cut in butter, stir in egg mixture will be dry chill if it gets sticky just until crumbly.
- Divide mixture in half, press one half of mixture into non stick sprayed 9 by 13 inche baking pan.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- MAKE APPLE FILLING.
- Combine apples with lemon juice, sugar, flour and cinnamon, toss to coat apples. Arrange apples over prepared crust..
- Add toffee chips to reserved pastry crust and crumble together and sprinkle over apples evenly.
- Bake 40 minutes until golden, cool on rack.
- FOR GLAZE.
- When bars have cooled make glaze.
- Combine sugar, milk, vanilla and apple spice mix in bowl beat until smooth, drizzle over bars, let harden before cutting into bars about 30 minutes.
- Cut into bars. These freeze really well I wrap each bar and put in ziploc bags. Take a frozen one for lunch and its perfect by lunch time, great for kids lunch boxes. Also really good warmed in microwave and served with vanilla ice cream!!.