Apple Pie Bars.
You can cook Apple Pie Bars using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apple Pie Bars
- It’s 4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 cup of shortening.
- It’s 4 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 10 tbsp of cold water.
- Prepare of FILLING:.
- You need 7 cup of finely chopped peeled apples.
- It’s 2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 dash of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare of GLAZE:.
- You need 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of 2% milk.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
Apple Pie Bars step by step
- Combine flour, salt & baking powder. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbles. In a separate bowl, whisk egg yolks, lemon juice,& water; gradually add to flour mix, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Divide in half & chill for 30 mins..
- Roll out one portion of dough & transfer to an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan..
- In a large bowl, toss apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon & nutmeg; spread over crust. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pan; place over filling. Pinch to seal; Cut slits in top..
- Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Cool. Combine glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over bars before cutting..