Butter Cookies. Beat in the egg, then stir in the vanilla. It doesn't matter how you call these cookies. Even better, the recipe only uses pantry staples!
Years ago we attempted a New York Times recipe for a lemon confit shortbread. You can use it as a dip for veggies, bake it, eat it as a sandwich, or my favorite way of eating it, spoon it right out of the jar! Plus they're quick and easy to make! You can cook Butter Cookies using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butter Cookies
- Prepare 2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 4 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of almond extract or vanilla.
They're the perfect alternative if you have a peanut allergy! They are great alongside morning tea or coffee or simply as a snack. After many batches, we have declared a winner! The dough can be rolled into a log shape and sliced, or cut out with cookie.
Butter Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Stir in almond extract and flour one cup at a time.
- Form cookies into dough balls and press fork into top.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until bottoms of cookies are golden brown.
Plus, they're gluten free and easy to make in just one bowl. Over the years I've published hundreds of recipes.