Wheat almond cookies. These whole wheat cookies are light and crispy. They are great with tea or coffee. Let the cookies cool down for two to three minutes before taking them off the cookie sheet.
Beat in the egg, amaretto, and almonds. Almond Meal Cookies with Chocolate Chips and Coconut. Gluten-free cookies from the Sprouted Kitchen Cookbook, featuring bits of dark chocolate, shredded coconut, and hearty almond meal. You can have Wheat almond cookies using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Wheat almond cookies
- You need 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of icing sugar powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of cardamom powder.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 2 of tsps almonds sliced.
Wheat flour is required to create structure in the cookies as almond flour (or almond meal as known in the US). I adore thumbprint cookies, and these look great. Is the almond meal from trader joes ok. Almond flour, almond extract, and slivered almonds ensure that you get an intense flavor that will Set out a plate of these for the upcoming Chinese New Year.
Wheat almond cookies step by step
- Preheat the oven to 360°F..
- Mix all the dry ingredients including almond slices..
- Now add the room temp butter and mix well with the flour mixture to form a soft dough..
- Roll the dough on to a cling wrap..
- Cut out desired shapes and sprinkle some powder sugar on top..
- Arrange the cookies on a baking sheet lined tray..
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until light golden brown..
- Cool and store in an air tight container..
Chocolate chip cookies and shortbread cookies are both favorites of mine. So naturally, I've perfected the recipe. The best part of these cookies? All of that, and I have not mentioned several key. It's a perfect treat to make for Chinese New Year!