Ken's Unforgettable Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies.
You can have Ken's Unforgettable Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ken's Unforgettable Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of raisins.
- You need 3/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 cup of butter, softened.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of almond extract.
- It’s 2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of coarse sea salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 3 cup of quick-cook oats.
Ken's Unforgettable Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies instructions
- Put raisins in microwave safe bowl, cover with water. Microwave for 5 minutes. Let soak for about 5 minutes more, then strain. Set aside..
- Add sugar and brown sugar to large bowl. Add softened butter (or margarine or vegan alternative) and mix with mixer until consistent texture..
- Add eggs, vanilla, and almond extracts to wet mix, blend until smooth..
- Sift or mix together flour, baking soda, coarse sea salt, and cinnamon. Add to wet ingredients and hand mix until consistent texture..
- Add oats and strained raisins, and mix thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for one hour..
- Set oven to 375° F. Grease baking sheet. Scoop into tablespoon sizes and place 1.5-2" apart on sheet. Press in crossing pattern with fork. Sprinkle with sugar if you'd like. 🙂 Bake for 10 minutes..
- Let them set for at least two minutes (I know it's hard!). Whether you eat them hot, warm, or room temperature, they'll still be chewy!.