Cookie Icing (Hardens).
You can have Cookie Icing (Hardens) using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cookie Icing (Hardens)
- Prepare 6 cups of powdered sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of skim milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of light corn syrup.
- Prepare 2 tsp of flavored extract.
- You need of Gel food coloring (optional).
Cookie Icing (Hardens) instructions
- In a large mixing bowl combine powdered sugar and milk using an electric mixer..
- Mix until smooth. Add milk as needed to create a smooth mixture, 1 Tbsp at a time..
- Add corn syrup and flavored extract. (If using Vanilla, I recommend the clear flavoring in order to get whiter icing or more on-point and vibrant colors).
- If adding food coloring, do so drop by drop until you get the desired coloring..
- Use: I dip completely cooled cookies in the icing 1/4-1/2 of the way in and then prop up using a roasting rack. Allow 12-24 hours to harden completely..
- Store: Put unused icing in sealed, airtight container and leave on the countertop. DO NOT REFRIGERATE!.
- Suggested Icing Flavors: Almond (my most popular), Vanilla, Coconut, Lemon, Mint, Orange, Raspberry, Strawberry, Rum..
- Pictured: Butter Wafer & Almond Icing, Chocolate Cookie & Strawberry Icing, Vanilla Wafer & Strawberry Icing.
- Pictured: Vanilla Wafer & Orange Icing, Lemon Butter Cookie & Almond Icing.
- Butter or Vanilla wafers provide the best base cookies..