Greek Almond Crescent Cookies.
You can cook Greek Almond Crescent Cookies using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Greek Almond Crescent Cookies
- It’s 1/2 c of ground almonds.
- Prepare 1 c of butter, softened.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of powdered sugar.
- It’s 1 of egg yolk.
- You need 1 tbsp of brandy or 1 tsp vanilla.
- It’s 2 c of flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 1/2-2 c of powdered sugar.
Greek Almond Crescent Cookies instructions
- Spread ground almonds in a shallow pan and toast in a 350F degrees oven for 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned..
- In a bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy, then add the 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar and egg yolk, mixing well. Stir in brandy or vanilla and almonds..
- In another bowl, combine flour and baking powder, then gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, blending until smooth..
- Pinch off walnut-size pieces of dough and shape into crescents. Place on ungreased baking sheets, spacing cookies about 1 inch apart..
- Bake in a 325F degree oven for 30 minutes or until very lightly browned, then place baking sheets on racks and let cookies cool for 5 minutes..
- Sift about half the 1-1/2 to 2 cups powdered sugar over wax paper and transfer cookies to it. Sift the remaining 3/4 to 1 cup powdered sugar over top to cover cookies. Let cookies stand in the sugar until they cool completely, then store in a tightly covered container..