Russian Tea Cakes from the settlement cookbook -1965.
You can have Russian Tea Cakes from the settlement cookbook -1965 using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Russian Tea Cakes from the settlement cookbook -1965
- You need 1 cup of Eggs, whites and yolks mixed.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 4-6 Cups of flour.
- You need 1 1/2 Cups of butter.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped almonds.
- You need of Sugar and cinnamon.
Russian Tea Cakes from the settlement cookbook -1965 step by step
- Mix Eggs, sugar and cream, and add enough flour To make a dough that can be handled..
- Roll out 1/4- inch thick into a rectangle 3 times as long as wide..
- Spread half the butter thinly over the right – hand 2- thirds of the dough..
- Fold the left hand third over this..
- Roll out and chill..
- Repeat with remaining butter..
- Chill well..
- Divide dough into 4 parts..
- Roll each part into a rectangle, as thin as possible, sprinkle with some of the chopped almonds, sugar and cinnamon, and roll..
- Cut in slices, sprinkle with the rest of the almonds, sugar and cinnamon..
- Bake cut – side down on a baking sheet in a hot oven (400f) until delicately browned..