Ken's Ultimate (Chocolate) Chip Cookie Recipe. We named this recipe "Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies," because it's got everything a cookie connoisseur could possibly ask for. With a texture that is slightly crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside, it's a favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe that's been top-rated by hundreds of satisfied. All Reviews for The Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie.
At the end of the baking time, these chocolate chip cookies won't look done but they are. Everyone has a favorite type of chocolate chip cookie—a little crispy, a little chewy—but they all have to begin with a basic recipe. This is the best place to start! —Megumi Garcia, Milwaukee, Wisconsin. You can have Ken's Ultimate (Chocolate) Chip Cookie Recipe using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ken's Ultimate (Chocolate) Chip Cookie Recipe
- You need 1/2 c of dark brown sugar.
- It’s 3/4 c of light brown sugar.
- It’s 1/4 c of granulated sugar.
- You need 3/4 c of butter, softened.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tsp of almond extract.
- You need 2 1/4 c of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coarse sea salt.
- You need 18 oz of chips or morsels, any combination.
I first tried this recipe for my daughter's graduation reception. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts. The Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies are loaded with chocolate chunks and sprinkled with a touch of sea salt. For the past couple years, this Time.com article about the science behind baking the most delicious chocolate chip cookie ever has been popping up in my newsfeed.
Ken's Ultimate (Chocolate) Chip Cookie Recipe step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line baking sheets with parchment paper or aluminium foil.
- Combine dark brown, brown, and granule sugar in a bowl with softened butter, beat on low to medium until creamed..
- Add to sugar both eggs, vanilla and almond extract. If you don't have almond extract, use 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract. Beat together until blended..
- Add flour, baking soda, and coarse sea salt into sifter and sift together, into wet mix..
- Mix together BY HAND! Do not overmix.
- Add chips (I like chocolate and butterscotch chips!) And mix til consistently distributed. Spoon onto parchment paper 1 tablespoon at a time (size of picture makes 60 cookies!).
- Bake at 350°F for 11-15 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool slightly before eating. They also save well for up to a week enclosed on your counter but we've never been able to keep them around that long!.
DIP: Spoon melted chocolate into custard cup. Dip one end of cooled cookie halfway up in chocolate. Sprinkle with finely chopped nuts before chocolate hardens, or drizzle with contrasting white or dark chocolate. Ultimate CHEWY Chocolate Chip Cookies are big, thick, chewy, soft in the middle, crisp at the edges, and loaded with chocolate These cookies have my version of the ultimate texture combination: thick, super chewy, soft and a little gooey in the middle, crisp and slightly crunchy. These ARE the best chocolate chip cookies.