Sugar Swirl Cookies. Sugar Swirl Cookies. featured in Colorful Cookies. These Christmas Swirl Sugar Cookies are delicious and although they look rather impressive (insert pat on the back here) they are actually really simple. It's the ideal texture for pouring in swirling designs over your soft sugar cookies or cut-out sugar cookies and hardens just enough to.
Beautiful delicate sugar cookie with red swirls of raspberry/coconut/walnut filling. Try a new spin on sugar cookies that's fun for kids to shape and tastes like snickerdoodles. The trick to these rainbow-inspired cookies is in the layers. You can have Sugar Swirl Cookies using 10 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sugar Swirl Cookies
- Prepare 3/4 cup of unsalted butter (softened).
- It’s 3/4 cup of white sugar.
- You need 1 of egg (room temperature).
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of almond extract (for extra flavor, if you have it).
- It’s 2 1/4 cups of flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Food coloring of your choice.
- It’s of Sprinkles.
These cookies don't spread, giving you defined edges! Lots of notes for perfect cookies! Photo by Kristen of Dine & Dish. One of my favorite things about When I shared the Ti e-Dyed Sugar Cookie Recipe on Dine & Dish, I knew then I wanted to create.
Sugar Swirl Cookies step by step
- Start by beating the butter until it is creamy and smooth.
- Add sugar and beat on high until smooth.
- Then add your egg, vanilla and almond extract. Beat until fully blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix together your flour, baking powder and salt..
- Slowly start to mix your flour mixture in with your wet ingredients, a little at a time..
- Once your dough is formed, devide it into 2. Set one half side and add your food coloring to the other half. (I added about 8 drops to get the color green that I wanted. You'll have to add a little at a time until you're satisfied with the color.).
- Once your colored dough is blended, roll both batches of dough into a ball, cover with plastic wrap and let cool in your fridge for 30 mins..
- When finished cooling, roll both balls of dough flat, into a rectangular shape. Try to keep them the same size and shape. Once they are rolled out, put one on top of the other and slightly roll again with rolling pin..
- Then roll your dough into a "log.".
- Cover with plastic wrap and cool for another 30 minutes.
- Once cooled, roll your log of dough into your sprinkles..
- Cover in plastic wrap and cool again, for 20 minutes..
- Cut log every half inch.
- Place your cookies on parchment paper and bake on 350° for 10 minutes..
- Let cool for 30 minutes..
Swirl Cookies are always a favorite whenever I take them to a friend or family gathering. They shouldn't miss the Christmas cookie platter as they are simply irresistable. What better way to celebrate her birth than to make some pink frosted Swig Cookies. Sugar Swirl Cookies. by BuzzFeed News Video. These Cinnamon Sugar Swirl Cupcakes are a dream of mine come true!