Key Lime Jewel Cookies. These cookies are so yummy, just tart enough from the lime and sweet enough from the raspberry. Very pretty, jewel toned gems to munch on too! Make this recipe for light and tender Key lime cookies to get great results every time.
However, make sure that you roll and indent. Whenever I see them in the store, I grab a bag or two, because they're not around all the time. I often juice them immediately and freeze the juice so that I have it when I want to make a pie. You can have Key Lime Jewel Cookies using 14 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Key Lime Jewel Cookies
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of key lime zest.
- You need 1 cup of butter, softened.
- Prepare 3 of /4 cup sugar.
- Prepare 2 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 1 tsp of almond extract.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of key lime juice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of water.
- It’s 6 drops of green food coloring.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of pine nuts, chopped.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of seedless raspberry preserves.
- You need 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, for dusting.
Key-lime cookie- This inspired Joose has wonderful sweet/tart notes of key lime, commingled with the flavor of warm baked cookies. Delicious and uniquely crafted for everyone to enjoy. Latest Lab Test Results Packaging Certificates (GCC). If you LOVE key lime pie, you will adore these key lime pie cookies that taste just like the pie!!
Key Lime Jewel Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- In a medium bowl mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and lime zest; set aside..
- In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar together..
- Add the egg yolks, and combine well..
- Next, mix in the almond extract, and the lime juice..
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, and mix well..
- Add the water to make the dough come together more easily..
- Add the green food coloring and work through the dough to get even color..
- Lay the chopped pine nuts out in one layer on a plate..
- Pinch off chunks of the dough and roll them between your hands to form 1 inch balls..
- Roll the dough balls in the pine nuts to get them evenly coated, and then place them on parchment paper lined baking sheets..
- Take your index finger and make an indent into the middle of each dough ball..
- Carefully drop 1 teaspoon of the raspberry preserves into each indent on your cookies..
- Bake for about 35 minutes, or when the pine nuts start to lightly brown on the edges.(Your cookies may bake quicker, my oven is not the best, just use your best judgement folks)..
- Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheets for a couple minutes..
- Then transfer the cookies to cooling racks to cool completely before lightly dusting them with the powdered sugar. Enjoy!.
These soft and chewy delights have key lime juice, zest I have even made key lime pie cookie cups on my site. Every element you love in key lime pie is in each bite of these. Raspberry Cookies, Ruby Jewel, Cheesecake Cookies, Shortbread Cookies, Pastry Blender, Sugar Rush, Cookie Dough, Cookie Cups, Love Food. These cookies are so yummy, just tart enough from the lime and sweet enough from the raspberry. Very pretty, jewel toned gems to munch on too!