You can cook Snowball Cookies using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Snowball Cookies
- You need 1/3 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 2 1/4 cups of AP flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of almond extract.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 pinch of nutmeg.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of softened butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of walnuts.
- It’s 1 cup of powdered sugar.
Snowball Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius. (325 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Pour your walnuts into a ziplock bag and close. Using a rolling pin, tap on the walnuts to break them until they are small pieces..
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine sugar, flour, broken-up walnuts, cinnamon, and nutmeg; stir with a wooden spoon..
- Next, add the vanilla and almond extract, and the softened butter; mix well with a wooden spoon until mixture begins to form a ball of dough. Once it’s at that point, mix by hand..
- Once you have mixed all the flour into the dough, place on your work surface..
- Very lightly spray your cookie trays with non-stick spray..
- Grab a chunk of dough (about the size of a ping pong ball) and roll into a ball with your hands. Place on your cookie tray. Bake for 32-35 minutes..
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. While they are still warm, roll them in powdered sugar..
- Voila! You now have these incredible snowball cookies! Happy holidays!.