You can cook Almond Cookies using 13 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Almond Cookies
- Prepare of Cookie Batter.
- You need 2 3/4 cup of cake flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of granular sugar.
- You need 2/3 cup of unsalted butter.
- You need 2/3 cup of shortening.
- You need 2 each of eggs.
- Prepare 2 tsp of almond extract.
- It’s 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need of Topping.
- You need 1 packages of sugar in the raw.
Almond Cookies step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cream sugar, butter and shortening.
- Stir in eggs and almond extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt..
- Add dry mixture to the sugar mixture..
- Mix thoroughly..
- Chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Roll dough into 2 teaspoon balls..
- Roll the dough balls in the raw sugar.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 7-8 minutes..
- Remove from the oven and gently press the tops flat with a spoon while still warm..
- Return the dough to the refrigerator between batches..
- Cool on a cooling rack..