Tea Scented Breakfast Biscotti.
You can cook Tea Scented Breakfast Biscotti using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tea Scented Breakfast Biscotti
- Prepare 4 of orange spice tea bags.
- You need 1/3 cup of butter, softened.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of sliced almonds.
Tea Scented Breakfast Biscotti step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Remove tea from bags and grind in blender until fine. Set aside. Lightly grease an extra large cookie sheet and set aside..
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with electric mixture on medium high for 30 sec. Add sugar, baking powder, and salt. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Beat in ground tea and as much flour as you can with mixer. Stir in any remaining flour and almonds. Chill if necessary until dough is easy to handle..
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Divide into 3 equal parts. Shape each portion into 8 inch rolls. Place rolls abput 3 inches apart on cookie sheet and flatten rolls until about 2 inches wide..
- Bake about 20 min or just until bottoms and edges are golden. Cool completely on cookie sheet on wire rack about 30 min. Reduce heat to 325°..
- Transfer rolls to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut each roll diagonally into 1/2 inch slices. Place slices cut side down on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake about 8 min and turn and bake another 8 min until slices are crisp and golden brown. Transfer to wire rack and cool..