Hazelnut Chocolate Macaroons.
You can cook Hazelnut Chocolate Macaroons using 4 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hazelnut Chocolate Macaroons
- Prepare 110 grams of Ground Almonds.
- Prepare 55 grams of Ground Hazelnuts.
- Prepare 175 grams of Icing Sugar.
- Prepare 2 large of Egg Whites.
Hazelnut Chocolate Macaroons step by step
- Oil and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Grind the almonds, hazelnuts and icing sugar together in a food processor to a very fine powder.
- Whisk the egg whites till stiff peaks appear then carefully fold in the nut and sugar mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a large plain nozzle and pipe 2 1/2cm / 1" rounds onto the baking tray.
- Leave the uncooked macaroons to stand for 30 minutes to form a skin.
- Preheat the oven to 170ºc (150º fan) / 325°F / gas 3.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until crisp on the outside and still a bit chewy in the middle.
- Slide the greaseproof paper onto a cold work surface and leave the macaroons to cool completely.
- Spoon the hazelnut chocolate spread into a piping bag fitted with a medium plain nozzle and pipe an even round onto half the macaroons.
- Sandwich together with the other half of the macaroons.
- Preparation time: 1 hour 15 minutes.