Greek christmas cookies "kourabiedes". Everyone's family has their traditional Christmas cookies that they make year after year. In my house, it's always kourabiedes, melomakarona, and koulourakia. This super easy kourabiedes recipe (kourambiethes) will.
Kourabiedes are known outside of Greece as a cookie, but they are almost too substantial to be called a cookie. They are a shortbread type of sweet. Some call them wedding cookies, some call them Christmas cookies, I just call them delicious! You can have Greek christmas cookies "kourabiedes" using 12 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Greek christmas cookies "kourabiedes"
- You need of Traditional greek christmas sweet "kourabiedes".
- You need 60 grams of corn flour.
- You need 60 grams of icing sugar.
- You need 230 grams of butter.
- It’s 230 grams of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of clove powder.
- It’s 30 grams of pistachio finely chopped.
- You need 30 grams of almond powder.
- You need 30 grams of macadamia powder.
These deliciously crunchy and nutty Kourabiedes Greek cookies are traditionally made at Christmas. I have one more cookie recipe you, just in time for Christmas. Pingback: Greek Christmas Recipes – Greek Christmas Menu – Greek-Recipe.com. You must be logged in to post a comment.
Greek christmas cookies "kourabiedes" instructions
- preheat the oven to 160°F celcius.
- combine room temperature butter with icing sugar and beat with mixer.
- add the vanilla essence.
- add the corn flour.
- add the flour.
- knit gently and shape it into long sausage.
- wrap with cling film and chill for an bour.
- prepare stuffing ingredients.
- mix the nuts and add in the mixture the spices.
- put at side and remove the soft dough from the chiller.
- cut into equal size portions.
- press in the center of each piece to create a "nest" and place a small ammoynt of the stuffing.
- shape gently into a ball.
- place it on the tray.
- continue the same way with the rest of the dough pieces.
- place them in the oven and bake for 17-20 min until light golden colour.
- cool on a wire rack.
- dust with icing sugar and serve.
Kourabiedes are Greek cookies, similar to shortbread cookies, coated with icing sugar, that are traditionally prepared at Christmas. Share this Story: Christmas cookies from mom's kitchen: Traditional Greek kourabiedes and more sweet treats. Kourabiedes are Greek shortbread cookies that are eaten for Christmas, Easter and Christenings. Sometimes at Christmastime, they're made with a clove in the middle to represent the spices the three magi brought to Jesus as a gift. There are many variations of these cookies.