You can cook Almond Biscotti using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Almond Biscotti
- You need 6 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 2/3 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of almond extract.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 2 large of eggs.
- Prepare 2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 of spray bottle with room temperature water (optional).
Almond Biscotti step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°..
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease it lightly with non stick cooking spray..
- In medium bowl beat butter, sugar, salt, vanilla, almond extract and baking powder until smooth and creamy..
- Beat in eggs at a low speed and add the flour mixing until smooth. The dough should be sticky..
- Turn the dough onto the baking sheet and divide it in half. Shape each half of dough into 2-9 1/2" x 2" logs about 3/4" tall. Make sure to straighten them out smoothing the tops and sides. Sprinkle with sugar and gently pat it in..
- Bake the biscotti for 25 minutes. Remove from oven..
- **Tip-When I take these out of the oven I like to take a spray bottle with room temperature water and spritz the sides and tops just lightly. This will soften your crust just a bit so that the biscoti slices easier.**.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°..
- Wait 5 minutes after spritzing the biscotti (if you choose to use the tip) and then cut it into 1/2-3/4" slices..
- Set the biscotti on its edge on the baking pan. Return to the oven and bake for another 25 to 30 minutes until they feel very dry and start to turn golden brown. Remove from oven. These will continue to dry out as they cool. You can either leave them on the baking sheet or transfer them onto a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container and these will last a couple of weeks..
- Once biscotti is cooled, you can melt some chocolate, dip and decorate with your favorite toppings!.