Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies. Mix in flour until dough comes together. These raspberry thumbprint cookies are special to serve, yet easy on your baking budget. Read the Story Behind the Recipe Directions.
Amazing raspberry-filled and almond-flavored shortbread thumbprint cookies. These jam thumbprint cookies are irresistibly good and perfect for a holiday cookie platter! Plus I'm sharing all my secrets to making these cookies the best – from what jam to use, to when to chill them, and rolling the cookies in sugar before baking. You can have Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies using 16 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies
- It’s of for cookies.
- It’s 1 cup of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- It’s 2/3 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 2 of large eggs, yolks and whites separated.
- It’s 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of almond extract.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of finely ground almonds.
- You need 1/2 cup of seedless rasberry jam.
- Prepare of for the,white chocolate glaze.
- It’s 4 oz of white chocolate finely chopped.
- It’s 3 tbsp of cream, heavy, light or half and half.
- It’s of for the chocolate glaze.
- Prepare 4 oz of dark chocolate, finely chopped.
- It’s 3 tbsp of crram, heavy, light of half and half.
With crushed almonds in the cookie dough, these Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies are infused with almond flavor. Top with raspberry jam or your favorite jam flavor. Fill them with chocolate, caramel or Nutella…or in the case of these, your favorite jam. They are one of the most popular Christmas treats recipe during the holiday season!
Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment paper..
- Whisk flour and salt in a bowl, set aside.
- In a large bowl beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add egg yolks and vanilla and almond extract, beat in..
- Add the flour/salt mixture and mix just until.well blended..
- Whisk egg whites until frothy..
- Have ground almonds spread out on a plate.
- Roll cookie dough into 1 inch balls. Dip each ball onto egg white..
- Then roll.each ball in almonds..
- Place 2 inches apart on prepared pans..
- With your thumb or better, the back.of a wooden spoon make an indentation in the center of the center of the cookie.ball..
- Fill indentation with raspberry jam..
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes until.set and light golden brown. Cool on wire rack before glazing..
- Make glazes.
- FOR WHITE CHOCOLATE GLAZE Heat cream to a simmer, add white chocolate. Whisk until smooth..
- FOR DARK CHOCOLATE GLAZE. Heat ccream to a simmer add chocolate and whisk until smooth..
- Working while glaze is warm.drizzle with dark chocolate glaze then white chocolate glaze.set sauce fortaleza to cool and set..
I love baking cookies during the holiday season! These cookies have great texture, an outstanding flavor combination, they're super cute and melt-in-your mouth delicious! Add almond extract and flour and mix until smooth. Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies (Gluten-Free and Vegan) Vegan, gluten-free. This is one of my favorite Christmas cookies!