Cherry Chocolate Chip Almond Cookies. Maraschino Cherry Almond Chocolate Cookies are easy shortbread cookies full of cherries and semi-sweet chocolate chips. There is a touch of almond flavoring to complement the cookie. They are so quick to come together.
I gave a batch of basic chocolate chip cookies a cheerful twist with cherry chips and almond bits. And these have turned out to be my new favorite I used blanched slivered almonds and chopped them up pretty fine … because I don't like a lot of crunch in my cookies. If you've tried these Almond Meal Cookies with Coconut and Chocolate Chips, you already know how amazing they are. You can have Cherry Chocolate Chip Almond Cookies using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cherry Chocolate Chip Almond Cookies
- Prepare 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 3/4 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- Prepare 1 cup of light brown sugar, packed.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- You need 1 of large egg yolk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of dark chocolate cherry filled chocolate chips A photo of the cherry chocolate chips is in direction step 6.
- You need 1 cup of chocolate covered almonds, A photo of the chocolate almonds I used is in direction step 6.
However, the recipe does require an egg, and a reader recently suggested/asked if I had tried. I love cherry and chocolate and almonds, so this is the right combo for me. These soft white chocolate chip cookies are thick, chewy, and packed with white chocolate chips, cherries Leave out the white chocolate chips and make Cherry Almond Cookies. Live your life and do what you want. 😉.
Cherry Chocolate Chip Almond Cookies step by step
- Preheat oven to 325. Line baking sheets with parchment paper..
- In a medium bowl whisk flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large owl beat butter with both sugars until light as fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add egg, egg yolk and vanilla and beat in..
- Add flour mixture and stir in until blended do not overmix.
- Fold in cherry chocolate chips and chocolate almonds..
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls, place 2 inches apart on prepared pan. Flatten balls lightly with the palm of your hand..
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes just until light golden. Don't overbake for chewy cookies. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet then cool on wire racks..
- NOTE; these cookies freeze really well!.
How to Make: Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies. These almond flour cookies are my go to when kids demand "Cookies!". Thick, a bit chewy outside and soft baked inside. My husband likes the flavor and texture of these cookies. Milk chocolate chips and sliced almonds make them deliciously different.