Spiral sugar cookies. These Yummy Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies Are Made With Real Chocolate. Move the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. RECIPE NOTES FOR SPIRAL COOKIES These Spiral Christmas Sugar Cookies are soft and chewy and full of festive colors!
Spiral cookies taste like a sugar cookie but the recipe is just a bit different than a traditional sugar cookie recipe. Make the dough into a ball and cut into two halves. Add food coloring to one half of the dough, working it in until evenly mixed. You can have Spiral sugar cookies using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spiral sugar cookies
- Prepare 1 cup of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 tsp of almond extract (optional).
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 of red and green food coloring or any color you want.
- It’s 1 of colored sprinkles.
See more ideas about Sugar cookies, Spiral sugar cookies, Christmas treats. I used my go to sugar cookie recipe instead of the recipe Heather used but took the spiral and sprinkle idea from her. Inspired by Pip & Ebby and Sprinkle Bakes. In a separate bowl, combine the egg and vanilla extract.
Spiral sugar cookies instructions
- Cream butter and powdered sugar, add egg, vanilla and almond extracts and baking soda, mix until blended. Add flour, 1 cup at a time, until dough forms a solid ball. If sticky, add more flour. Add food coloring, use enough to make the colors you like, mix until incorporated..
- Use wax paper to roll out dough on, roll out one colored dough to 1/2 inch thick and a rectangle shape. Set aside. Repeat with the remaining dough. Flip one on top of the other and roll into a log. Don't worry if it splits or cracks, just pinch together. Use a platter and pour sprinkles onto platter, carefully roll in sprinkles. Wrap in plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator for an hour..
- When dough is ready, unwrap and cut dough 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick slices.Place on cookie sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack..
Add the sugar mixture and mix until combined. Add the egg mixture and combine. Gradually add the flour and mix until just combined. Santa's Swirl Sugar Cookies Delight your family and friends this season with these fun Christmas cookies I call Santa's Swirl Sugar Cookies ! Easy slice and bake cookie recipe is transformed into festive treats with colored sugar and red and green nonpareils.