Rhubarb Dessert. Easy Rhubarb Dessert Recipes with pictures, the Best Rhubarb Crumbles, Crisps, Cobblers, more; made using fresh or frozen rhubarb! You can only get rhubarb this time of year—better make the most of it. It's time to expand your spring produce.
Celebrate spring and forced rhubarb season with a stalk of this bright pink vegetable to sweeten up. See more ideas about Rhubarb recipes, Rhubarb desserts and Food recipes. Spread over rhubarb mixture; sprinkle with coconut. You can have Rhubarb Dessert using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rhubarb Dessert
- It’s of Crust.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 4 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter.
- You need of Filling.
- It’s 4 of egg yolks.
- It’s 1 cup of whipping cream.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 5 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 5 cup of finely chopped rhubarb.
- You need of Meringue.
- It’s 4 of egg whites.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cream of tartar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of almond extract.
- It’s 5 tbsp of granulated sugar.
This dessert is a celebration of a quintessentially British fruit. Combine Sugar and cornstarch, stir in rhubarb and water. Clafouti is that brilliant French dessert made by pouring an eggy batter over fresh fruit. Rhubarb makes a great alternative to the cherries that are traditionally used to make clafouti.
Rhubarb Dessert instructions
- Mix the ingredients for the crust together in a bowl..
- Pat the mixture into an 11×8 baking pan and bake in the oven at 350 for 10 minutes..
- Mix the egg yolks, whipping cream, sugar, and flour in a mixing bowl..
- Mix in the finely chopped rhubarb..
- Pour the filling on top of the crust and bake in the oven at 350 for 40-45 minutes..
- For the next steps with the meringue, DO NOT USE PLASTIC! This will kill your meringue due to oils in the plastics. Use metal or glass!.
- To make the meringue, add the egg whites, cream of tartar, and almond extract. Beat until foamy..
- Slowly and gradually add the sugar one tablespoon at a time until each tablespoon is completely mixed in before you add the next..
- Using a metal spoon and knife, place the meringue on the baked custard. Add some swirls to make it look nice..
- Finally bake for 10 – 15 minutes at 350..
From rhubarb crisps, cakes, and an easy cobbler to pies, sauces, and many more desserts. I have always loved the tart taste of rhubarb, and it's an easy perennial plant to grow in most areas. See more Dessert recipes at Tesco Real Food. Download Rhubarb dessert stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices. Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Recipe An excellent pie to make when strawberries and rhubarb are at their peak.