Whole-wheat coconut and almond biscotti. Not too much sugar, made with whole grain, and they store well. Serving size is approximate, since we haven't made these for a while and I can't remember exactly how many the recipe makes. Whole Wheat Almond Biscotti. by Chef Glaucia.
My whole biscotti obsession started with this family recipe for Italian Almond Biscotti. Simple and great tasting -it will quickly become one of your favorites. These cookies render the flavors of an Almond Joy candy bar—almond, chocolate, and coconut—in biscotti form. You can cook Whole-wheat coconut and almond biscotti using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Whole-wheat coconut and almond biscotti
- You need 2 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of almond extract.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- It’s 1/4 cup of coconut shavings.
Whole Wheat Cinnamon Chip Almond Biscotti is perfectly paired with coffee or hot chocolate, but excellent alone as well! Whisk together the flour and almond flour in a separate bowl. Add the flour mix to the wet ingredients, mixing to combine. Chocolate Raspberry Whole-wheat BiscottiA Brown Table.
Whole-wheat coconut and almond biscotti instructions
- Preheat oven to 190℃ and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine eggs, oil, sugar and almond extract in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, combine whole-wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking powder and coconut shavings.
- Combine these two mixtures, forming a dough.
- Separate dough in two. Place these two sets of dough onto the parchment paper in two long 'log' shapes..
- Bake the mixture for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave 'logs' to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, cut into 1cm thick slices.
- Lay slices flat on the baking sheet and bake for another 10-15 minutes, turning them every 5 minutes.
Whole wheat biscotti recipe featuring pumpkin and goji berries. A simple and delicious treat that's perfect with a cup of coffee! I have a new favorite healthy recipe. Introducing: Whole Wheat Pumpkin Goji Biscotti! I'd forgotten how awesome biscotti is until I made.