Ragi, Bajra and Wholewheat Shortbread Cookies with Pumpkin Pie Spice. These are simple shortbread cookies with a few ingredients and spiced with fall spices. I used coconut oil and non dairy yogurt in these. Its fall so these are Pumpkin Pie Spice Shortbread Cookies.
Sift flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. I made these cookies according to the directions. The only change was I added an extra tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice and I refrigerated the dough longer than required. You can have Ragi, Bajra and Wholewheat Shortbread Cookies with Pumpkin Pie Spice using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ragi, Bajra and Wholewheat Shortbread Cookies with Pumpkin Pie Spice
- It’s 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of Powdered Jaggery or Brown Sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Coconut Oil.
- It’s 2 1/2 tablespoons of Hung Yoghurt (Use dairy free yoghurt for vegan version).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Vanilla extract.
- It’s 3/4 teaspoon of Ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Ginger powder.
- You need Big pinch of Ground nutmeg.
- Prepare Big Pinch of Ground cloves.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
- It’s Big Pinch of Baking Soda.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Sprouted ragi flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of Bajra flour (pearl millet).
- You need 1/2 cup of – Whole wheat flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of – Pitted and chopped dates.
- Prepare Small handful of Raisins.
- It’s Handful of Chopped cashew small.
- You need Handful of Chopped almonds small.
This recipe for Pumpkin Shortbread Cookies turns out a lightly sweetened cookie, perfect for dunking in morning coffee or tea. Add pumpkin puree, vanilla and spices. Beat until everything is mixed well. The dough may end up to be a bit sticky.
Ragi, Bajra and Wholewheat Shortbread Cookies with Pumpkin Pie Spice step by step
- Add the flour(s) into a bowl. Stir in baking soda and salt..
- In a bowl cream the coconut oil, sugar and yogurt until smooth and creamy. You can use a hand mixer or simply whisk by hand. I whisked it by hand..
- Add in the vanilla and spices. Mix well..
- Add the flour into the wet ingredients and mix well. Add chopped dates and nuts and mix thoroughly..
- Combine well into a soft dough..
- Cling wrap the dough and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes..
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove the dough from the refrigerator. Shape cookies into desired shape. (you can also alternately roll out the dough and make shapes with cookie cutters) Arrange the cookies on a greased baking tray..
- Bake for 19 to 20 minutes (oven times may vary) or till the edges just start to change color. Cool completely and store in an air-tight container. (don't worry if the cookies are slightly soft after baking, they will harden as they cool down).
Pecan Shortbread Cookies made perfect for fall with addition of pumpkin pie spice. Made with few simple ingredients, these will be your new favorite fall treat! They have a nice spice flavor from a blend of different spices. I also add ground pumpkin seeds to the cookie dough. Such a great way to relax after a hard days work.