Cherry Thumbprint Cookies.
You can cook Cherry Thumbprint Cookies using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cherry Thumbprint Cookies
- You need of SHORTBREAD THUMBPRINT COOKI.
- It’s 1 cup of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- It’s 2/3 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of almond extract.
- You need 2 cup of plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cherry preserves or jam.
- Prepare of WHITE CHOCOLATE GLAZE.
- You need 4 of white chocolate, not chips chopped.
- It’s of DARK CHOCOLATE GLAZE.
- Prepare 4 of semi sweet chocolate, chopped or chips can be used.
Cherry Thumbprint Cookies step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine flour and salt in a bowl, set aside.
- In another bowl beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add vanilla and almond extract and beat in.
- Add flour and salt mixture and stir until b L emded.
- Cover and refigerate until dough is firm, at least 2 hours. Then roll into 1 inch balls, place on prepared pans.
- Make a indentation with a wooden spoon handle or a thumb,if it cracks just smooth it over , place some cherry jam in each indentation. Keep dough cool. If it warms during batches chill it don't work with warm sticky dough.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes until slightly golden. Cool in pans 5 minutes then transfer to racks to cool completely before glazing.
- GLAZE COOKIES.
- Melt semisweet chocolate, just until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cookies.
- Melt white chocolate just until smooth, . Drizzle over cookies. Let cookies sit about 30 minutes to set choclate up..