Lime and Gin Macaroons.
You can have Lime and Gin Macaroons using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lime and Gin Macaroons
- Prepare 4 of egg whites.
- It’s 2/3 cup of sugar.
- You need 3 tbsp of gin.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of lime peel, grated.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of almond extract.
- It’s 14 oz of flaked coconut.
- It’s 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 8 oz of white baking chocolate.
Lime and Gin Macaroons instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°..
- In a small bowl, whisk first 6 ingredients together..
- In a large bowl, toss coconut and flour together..
- Add egg white mixture to coconut mixture..
- Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets..
- Bake 15-18 minutes until tops begin to brown..
- Remove from pans to cooling racks and cool completely..
- Melt chocolate while cooling. Dip bottoms of cookies into melted chocolate and allow excess to drip off..
- Place on wax paper and let stand until set..