Almond & Fig Oatmeal Cookies. Enjoy the Dairy-Free, Delicious Taste With Added Vitamins & Minerals. Buy Online Almonds From California for Sale. Prunus amygdalus) is a species of tree native to Iran and surrounding countries but widely cultivated elsewhere.
Find out about the benefits, nutritional value, and risks of almonds. Almond definition is – the drupaceous fruit of a small tree (Prunus dulcis synonym P. amygdalus) of the rose family with flowers and young fruit resembling those of the peach; especially : its ellipsoidal edible kernel used as a nut. Almond, tree native to southwestern Asia and its edible seed. You can have Almond & Fig Oatmeal Cookies using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Almond & Fig Oatmeal Cookies
- It’s 115 grams of unsalted butter, softened.
- Prepare 125 grams of brown sugar.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 95 grams of flour.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of table salt.
- Prepare 120 grams of rolled oats.
- Prepare 120 grams of dried figs, chopped.
- Prepare 50 grams of chopped almonds (or other nuts).
A deciduous tree in the rose family, native to Asia and northern Africa and having alternate, simple leaves, pink flowers, and leathery fruits. The scientific name of these dry fruits is Prunus dulcis and they are native to the Middle East, India, and North Africa. The almonds that we eat are actually the pits of these fruits. The almond is a popular tree nut that is loaded with important nutrients.
Almond & Fig Oatmeal Cookies step by step
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale..
- In a large bowl, add the egg and vanilla, and mix until well combined..
- In a separate bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together..
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet in two batches, folding in with a spatula. Avoid overmixing..
- Stir in the oats, nuts, and chopped figs. Chill the mixture for at least 15 minutes..
- Preheat your oven to 180C/350F. Plop the batter onto a sheeted tray, making sure there's enough space in between..
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the edges have become firm, but the middle seems like it needs another minute or two. Cool on a rack..
This is a detailed article about almonds and their health benefits. Almond health benefits includes preventing heart attack and heart diseases, improving bone health, strengthening the immune system, enhancing the skin, reducing inflammation, increasing energy production, preventing cancer, supporting healthy pregnancy, prevent constipation, and promoting weight loss. A further study in China also demonstrated that regular almond consumption resulted in lower levels of fasting insulin and fasting glucose, so it would appear that including almonds as part of a healthy diet is a good thing for those with diabetes. That said, you should always check with your doctor before making any changes to your diet. Almond flour is the secret ingredient in these crisp and tender chocolate chip cookies.