You can cook Carob Squares using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Carob Squares
- You need 125 ml of Melted Coconut Oil (115 g).
- You need 250 ml of Carob Powder (160 g).
- It’s 500 ml of Non-Oiled Raisins (450 g).
- Prepare 250 ml of Dried Dates (120 g).
- It’s 500 ml of Ground Almonds (300 g).
- Prepare of Sesame Seeds to decorate.
Carob Squares step by step
- Whisk the carob powder into the melted coconut oil in a mixing bowl big enough to comfortably fit all the ingredients..
- Mince or blend the dried fruit in a food processor until fine and sticky..
- Combine the fruit and ground nuts with the coconut oil/carob mixture. Knead with hands, spatula or wooden spoon untill evenly mixed. Scoop into a baking tray /flat dish so that the mixture will be about 2 cm high when leveled out and pressed down..
- Leave in the fridge for a couple of hours before cutting into squares. Sprinkle a layer of sesame seeds into another flat dish and press each square into the sesame seeds so that it will stick. The sweets can be stored in the freezer..