Perfect Sugar Cookies.
You can have Perfect Sugar Cookies using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Perfect Sugar Cookies
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of unsalted butter (3 sticks), softened.
- It’s 2 cups of granulated sugar.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract (can use almond, peppermint or coconut extract instead).
- Prepare 5 cups of all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling.
- You need 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
Perfect Sugar Cookies step by step
- In large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Mix in eggs and extract until well combined – but do not over beat the egg..
- In a separate bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients..
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients in batches until well combined..
- Divide dough into quarters, form into discs, and wrap each in plastic wrap. Chill for at least 2 hours..
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees..
- Remove one disc from fridge and roll out on floured surface until dough is 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick..
- Cut dough with cookie cutter and bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 6-8 minutes, watching closely. Cookies are done when bottoms are just barely golden brown..
- Let cool completely on wire rack before frosting. Make sure cookie sheets are completely cool to the touch before baking more cookies..
- Frost cookies with Royal Frosting once cookies are completely cool..