Almond pear shortbread bars. Pear Almond Shortbread Bars. by: drbabs. Place rack in center of oven. Pour the pear mixture over the shortbread and spread to an even layer.
I decided to do a riff on this Apricot Pistachio Tart by swapping in apples for apricots, almonds for pistachios, and making it into bars rather than a tart. Try this almond raspberry shortbread cookie bars recipe! These gluten free raspberry shortbread cookies are great for breakfast. You can have Almond pear shortbread bars using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Almond pear shortbread bars
- Prepare of Crust.
- It’s 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped almonds.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need of Filling.
- Prepare 4 1/2 cups of diced pears.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Prepare 3 teaspoons of cornstarch.
- Prepare of Crumble topping.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softenend.
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped almonds.
Almond shortbread bars make for a lovely tasty freshly baked snack recipe with a delectable taste of almonds. A recipe which dose not require any special baking skills, the almond shortbread bars are prepared by mixing together flour, sugar, eggs and almond extract. Heavenly Lemon Shortbread Bars. (Image credit: Emma Christensen). Spiced Pear Bundt Cake With A Brandy Vanilla Glaze.
Almond pear shortbread bars step by step
- Line a 9×9” pan with foil and grease with butter. Cooking sprays are the devil..in my opinion. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare the crust by slowly mixing all the crust ingredients in a large bowl using a pastry cutter or fork. The mixture will be crumbly. Press the crust in the prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes..
- If pears are ripe and soft – Core and diced. If pears are tougher you will need to par cook them by doing the following: place the diced pears in a medium saucepan. Fill the pan with water so that half the pears are covered. Cook over medium heat, bringing to a boil then simmering for about 5 minutes until the pears just start to turn semi-translucent. Drain very well..
- Stir together pears, sugars, cinnamon and cornstarch.
- Mix the topping ingredients together just as you did for the crust. It will be crumbly..
- Remove the hot crust from the oven. Sprinkle the pears carefully on top (make sure they are well drained first – do not add any of the extra liquid!), then sprinkle with the topping. Bake for an additional 35-45 minutes until the crumble topping starts to brown..
- Cool in pan completely before using foil to lift out..
- Slice and serve..
Rich shortbread is the base for beautiful bars featuring sweet strawberry preserves and a nutty almond streusel. For the shortbread bars: Add the flour, baking powder and salt to a bowl. Whisk to incorporate and then whisk in the ground almond and sugar mixture. Remove the shortbread from the pan and cut into squares. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.