Whole Wheat Apricot Cranberry Biscotti.
You can have Whole Wheat Apricot Cranberry Biscotti using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat Apricot Cranberry Biscotti
- It’s 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of rolled oats.
- You need 1/4 cup of packed brown sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 1/4 cup of maple syrup.
- It’s 2 tbsp of unsalted butter melted.
- You need 1 tbsp of apple sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/4 cup of diced dried apricots.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped dried cranberries.
Whole Wheat Apricot Cranberry Biscotti instructions
- Preheat oven to 350F..
- Combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl..
- In a separate small bowl whisk together the egg, maple syrup, butter, and apple sauce..
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mixture thoroughly until a wet dough forms..
- Stir in the apricots and cranberries..
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Form the dough into a 12'' by 4'' log and place it in the middle of the baking sheet. As the dough is wet, it will be easier if you partially make this log first in your hands before placing it on the baking sheet. Then press it into the correct dimensions..
- Bake for 20 minutes then cool on a baking rack for 10..
- Slice the log into 1/3'' slices and lay them face up on the baking sheet. Bake for another 6 minutes then flip and bake again for 6 minutes..