Basic butter cookies (Cut-Out Cookies, Stamped Cookies)【Recipe Video】. It can be scooped, rolled, sliced, pressed, or cut out with cookie cutters! Or you can roll the dough out and use cookie cutters to cut out shapes. It's a great recipe for making pressed cookies, drop cookies, or rolled-and-sliced round cookies.
Before baking you can sprinkle the cookies with sparkling sugar or chopped nuts. Make lovely designs with a large piping tip and dip in chocolate and sprinkles for a festive touch! Vanilla and a touch of orange juice add subtle flavor. You can have Basic butter cookies (Cut-Out Cookies, Stamped Cookies)【Recipe Video】 using 7 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Basic butter cookies (Cut-Out Cookies, Stamped Cookies)【Recipe Video】
- You need 100 g (3.5 oz) of unsalted butter.
- You need 75 g of (8.5 Tbsp, 2.6 oz) powdered sugar.
- It’s 1 of egg yolk.
- It’s 165 g of (1 and 1/3 cups, 5.8 oz) cake flour.
- You need 30 g (1 oz) of almond flour.
- It’s 5 drops of vanilla oil.
- Prepare of ※1cup=235cc(USA).
If there's anything kids like even more than eating cookies, it's making them. Little ones can help mix the dough, and if you want to try your hand at making cut-out shapes, they can help roll out. **This post for cutout cookies with neat edges originally appeared on my old blog, YinMom YangMom, and has now been updated with the above video, as well as brand-new, pretty pics! Everything else is exactly the same as it's ever been.** With less than a few weeks left 'til the most cookie-centric. They also go well as a side sweet snack in tiffins.
Basic butter cookies (Cut-Out Cookies, Stamped Cookies)【Recipe Video】 instructions
- ★Recipe video★ (my You Tube channel)→https://youtu.be/MPgtAhjuut0.
- Sift powdered sugar; set aside. Sift cake flour twice; set aside. Cream unsalted butter until soft..
- Add the powdered sugar in 3 parts. Mix each time until combined. Mix it with a hand mixer on low speed until it becomes white and fluffy..
- Scrape the batter on the inner side of the bowl and mix it..
- Add egg yolk. Mix it with a hand mixer on low speed until combined. Scrape the batter on the inner side of the bowl and mix it..
- Take the batter adhering to the hand mixer and place it in the bowl. Add vanilla oil and mix it until combined..
- Add almond flour. Mix it until combined while crushing lumps..
- Add all the flour. Mix it while cutting it, scooping sometimes. Mix it until the large lumps form. It's okay the dough seems to be powdery at this stage..
- Take the dough out from the bowl. Press lightly to flatten, cut in half and stack one on top of the other..
- Repeat it until powderiness disappears or smooth. (about 12times) When it becomes smooth, the dough won't stick to your hand..
- Shape it square and cut in half. Wrap each with plastic wrap. You can bake cookies for one baking tray with half of the dough. Let it sit in a fridge overnight..
- Next day, take the dough out of the fridge, leave it for 15-20 mins. Press it to soften. Roll it out into 5mm (0.2'') thick while coating it lightly with bread flour..
- Cut it with cookie cutters and press cookie stamp onto it. Take off each cookie gently not to lose it's shape and put them on a tray. It's easy to take off if you touch it through plastic wrap..
- Re-roll the dough scraps and cut again. Place the cookies in the freezer for 1 hour to keep the trace of the stamp..
- Preheat an oven to 190℃ / 374 F. Take the cookies out from the freezer and put them on a baking tray. Bake it at 170℃ / 338 F for 15-17 mins. (cookie size 4.5 cm / 1.8 inch→Bake for 15mins, cookie size 6 cm / 2.4 inch→Bake for 16-17mins).
- Cool them down well. Freshly baked cookies are soft but become crisp when cooled. If you put them in a closed container, they will keep crispy texture for about 3 days..
Proceed with cookie instructions of choice. Embellish our Basic Cookie Dough recipe with icing, sugar crystals, and delectable fillings. Remove top sheet of waxed paper. A very simple recipe with all your major pantry ingredients, these cookies are easy and straightforward. Make the holiday baking season memorable with fun cookie cutters.