Coco Sugar Fried Saba : Banana Caramel : Banana Cue (dessert / snack). #OMJtvCookingStyle #BananaCue Banana cue is simply deep fried ripe saba bananas coated with carmelized brown or white sugar. We made these golden fried brown sugar sticky bananas called Banana Cue when my friend Angie was visiting Bjork and me in Cebu. A traditional Filipino dessert or snack or 'merienda'.
Filipino Banana Cue is made of fried banana on bamboo skewers and the most consumed as a mid-afternoon snack."Saba" banana is the only key element of this. This is a recipe for banana cue from the Filipino orphanage where I worked for a year. Super easy, super yummy, super fun dessert! You can cook Coco Sugar Fried Saba : Banana Caramel : Banana Cue (dessert / snack) using 3 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coco Sugar Fried Saba : Banana Caramel : Banana Cue (dessert / snack)
- It’s 2 of Saba (Cardava) bananas.
- Prepare 1-2 Tbsp of coconut sugar.
- You need 3-4 Tbsp of Cooking oil.
Banana cue or Banana Q (Tagalog: Banana kyu) is a popular snack food or street food in the Philippines. The "cue" in the name is an abbreviation of barbecue. Banana Cue (Fried Saba Bananas With Brown Sugar Caramel)Russian Filipino Kitchen. Fried Banana Dessert With Brown Sugar Recipes.
Coco Sugar Fried Saba : Banana Caramel : Banana Cue (dessert / snack) instructions
- Saba or Cardava or Cooking bananas are the fat plump ones, greenish to yellow with blackish markings as it ripens. In Manila it is a popular street & market food sold on sticks. I haven’t tried with plantains, not sure if we have those here or if its the same banana…try and let me know? :).
- Heat oil in pan. Prepare peeled bananas by slicing them or you can also cook whole like the traditional way in the Manila..
- Roll all sides of the banana in the coco sugar and drop in hot oil. Use low heat to prevent burning..
- When sugar melts turn it to the other side. Use a spatula or spoon to scoop back the sugar on to the banana if it separates. I turned them twice on each side before removing from the pan. Place on a plate and let it cool..
- The coco sugar will harden and become crisp as it cools. Delicious. I placed too much I think (2 Tbsps) so 1 Tbsp should be ok for 2 bananas. 🙂 Enjoy!.
Bananacue is a nutritious and popular snack in the Philippines. Bananacue is term used to call fried skewered plantains cooked with brown sugar. This is a staple in the Philippines This is usually sold along with turon (deep fried wrapped banana with sweet jack fruit), kamotecue (deep-fried skewed. Fried/Caramel Bananas recipe: I love doing this recipe after a long day because its so simple and Cut the banana in half horizontally so you have two equal pieces. Cut both pieces vertically so the Roll the banana slices in brown sugar (you might not use the entire cup of sugar).