Basic butter cookies (Cut-Out Cookies, Stamped Cookies)【Recipe Video】.
You can have Basic butter cookies (Cut-Out Cookies, Stamped Cookies)【Recipe Video】 using 7 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Basic butter cookies (Cut-Out Cookies, Stamped Cookies)【Recipe Video】
- You need 100 g (3.5 oz) of unsalted butter.
- You need 75 g of (8.5 Tbsp, 2.6 oz) powdered sugar.
- It’s 1 of egg yolk.
- You need 165 g of (1 and 1/3 cups, 5.8 oz) cake flour.
- Prepare 30 g (1 oz) of almond flour.
- Prepare 5 drops of vanilla oil.
- It’s of ※1cup=235cc(USA).
Basic butter cookies (Cut-Out Cookies, Stamped Cookies)【Recipe Video】 instructions
- ★Recipe video★ (my You Tube channel)→https://youtu.be/MPgtAhjuut0.
- Sift powdered sugar; set aside. Sift cake flour twice; set aside. Cream unsalted butter until soft..
- Add the powdered sugar in 3 parts. Mix each time until combined. Mix it with a hand mixer on low speed until it becomes white and fluffy..
- Scrape the batter on the inner side of the bowl and mix it..
- Add egg yolk. Mix it with a hand mixer on low speed until combined. Scrape the batter on the inner side of the bowl and mix it..
- Take the batter adhering to the hand mixer and place it in the bowl. Add vanilla oil and mix it until combined..
- Add almond flour. Mix it until combined while crushing lumps..
- Add all the flour. Mix it while cutting it, scooping sometimes. Mix it until the large lumps form. It's okay the dough seems to be powdery at this stage..
- Take the dough out from the bowl. Press lightly to flatten, cut in half and stack one on top of the other..
- Repeat it until powderiness disappears or smooth. (about 12times) When it becomes smooth, the dough won't stick to your hand..
- Shape it square and cut in half. Wrap each with plastic wrap. You can bake cookies for one baking tray with half of the dough. Let it sit in a fridge overnight..
- Next day, take the dough out of the fridge, leave it for 15-20 mins. Press it to soften. Roll it out into 5mm (0.2'') thick while coating it lightly with bread flour..
- Cut it with cookie cutters and press cookie stamp onto it. Take off each cookie gently not to lose it's shape and put them on a tray. It's easy to take off if you touch it through plastic wrap..
- Re-roll the dough scraps and cut again. Place the cookies in the freezer for 1 hour to keep the trace of the stamp..
- Preheat an oven to 190℃ / 374 F. Take the cookies out from the freezer and put them on a baking tray. Bake it at 170℃ / 338 F for 15-17 mins. (cookie size 4.5 cm / 1.8 inch→Bake for 15mins, cookie size 6 cm / 2.4 inch→Bake for 16-17mins).
- Cool them down well. Freshly baked cookies are soft but become crisp when cooled. If you put them in a closed container, they will keep crispy texture for about 3 days..