Japanese Cheesecake. Perfect Japanese Cheesecake / cotton cheesecake recipe for a pillowy soft, light-as-air & heavenly cheesecake, no crack top & straight side. Japanese Cheesecake is very popular outside of Japan. Japanese cheesecake has the lowest calories of all cheesecake.
This Japanese Cheesecake is the most requested Japanese recipe on Nagi's post 'Request A Recipe!'. It's light, fluffy, moist and less sweet than any other cheesecakes. Japanese cheesecake is pillowy soft, with cottony texture and soufflé like crumbs. You can have Japanese Cheesecake using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Japanese Cheesecake
- Prepare 85 g of cream cheese.
- It’s 30 g of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 65 g of milk.
- It’s 3 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 35 g of cake flour.
- Prepare 10 g of corn starch.
- You need 2 g of vanilla extract.
- It’s 3 of egg whites.
- Prepare 55 g of sugar.
When it is fresh from the oven, the cake is so soft that it jiggles like soufflé! That is why is called soufflé cheesecake in. Well, Japanese Cheesecake is a cross between the more traditional dense cream cheese cheesecakes (like a New York Cheesecake) and a chiffon or sponge cake. Is there a dessert more mesmerizing than a Japanese cheesecake?
Japanese Cheesecake instructions
- Melt the cheese and butter into the milk over the stove..
- In a separate bowl with the egg yolks, sift the flour and corn starch in. Add the vanilla then mix..
- Add the cheese mixture until everything is well combined..
- In another bowl beat the egg whites and add the sugar gradually until u reach stiff peaks.
- Combine the egg whites into the mixture..
- Pour the mixture in the pan and put it in a water bath.
- Bake at 120° for 20 mins.
- Bake at 150° for 20 mins.
- Bake at 110° for 30 mins.
- Bake at 180° for 5 mins.
This bouncy confection, also known as a Japanese cotton cake, is astonishingly light and — when cooked and cooled. This Japanese version of the crowd-pleasing dessert combines cheesecake flavor with a souffle-like, cakey texture that jiggles like jelly but tastes fresh and airy. Cotton Cheesecake / Japanese Cheesecake is the perfect combination of sponge cake and cheesecake. This easy recipe with video has lots of tips and tricks. Japanese cheesecake is one of those Japanese desserts everyone loves.