Pam's version home made(MA'AMOUL)date filled cookies/pastries. They are traditional at religious holidays in the Levantine region. I liked those kind of little pastries and was looking forward to having them at hand again. Отмена. Месяц бесплатно. Puff Pastry dough , plus many ideas for different puff pastry shapes. ✨ Honey cookies Makrout (or maamoul) with Medjool dates paste is one of the best-known honey cakes in the Orient, particularly in the Maghreb, where Moroccan, Algerian and Tunisian each make their own way according to local tastes and customs.
Ingredients of Pam's version home made(MA'AMOUL)date filled cookies/pastries
- It’s of for the dough….
- You need 1/2 kg of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 stick of unsalted butter melted.
- You need 1 tbsp of white sugar.
- It’s 2 can of heavy cream(170g each).
- It’s of for filling….
- Prepare 400 grams of date paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of unsalted melted butter.
- Prepare 1 of powder sugar for dusting.
In Egypt the Eid cookies are called kahk. They look like ma'moul but the dough is lighter and we fill them with Turkish delight, nuts, dates or a. Maamoul Cookies are melt in your mouth, date filled cookies that are low in sugar but robust in flavor. They are an ancient Arab The simple outside and sweet, flavorful filling of the maamoul cookies is a reminder that there is a sweet reward at the end of a period. arabic food background cookies dates food nuts organic pastry pistachio ramadan stamp trading turkish white woden.
Pam's version home made(MA'AMOUL)date filled cookies/pastries instructions
- in a large bowl combine flour,heavy cream,butter and sugar untill dough is formed.cover set aside for 15 min.
- in another bowl your date paste in..add ground cinnamon and butter mix kneaded to combine out of it make a date ball in equal amount set aside..
- grab your dough measure equal amount formed like a ball but bit bigger than your date filling ball..flatten and get date ball fill your dough wrap it and roll in your palm and then get your ma'amoul molding press inside then tap to come out(if you dont have ma'amoul molding leave it as it is )line them in baking sheet bake 10 to 15 minute in a preaheated oven(350)untill light brown on the bottom.let it cool and roll in powdered sugar..
- served with coffee or tea!enjoy….
- the good thing is you can store it in an airtight container at room temperature even a week :).
A wide variety of maamoul date filled cookies options are available to you Ma'amoul means "stuffed" in Arabic, and these cookies can be stuffed with a number of different fillings. Date filling is traditional for celebrating Eid, but These cookies are easiest to make using a ma'amoul mold (which can be purchased online or at Middle Eastern grocery stores), but below I also. Ma'amoul is an ancient cookie filled with fruits and nuts such as dates, walnuts, and pistachios. It is used especially for traditional cookie. These Brownie Cookies are made from an adapted brownie box mix and are loaded with chocolate chips!