My lil' Shortbread Cookies with Chocolate.
You can have My lil' Shortbread Cookies with Chocolate using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of My lil' Shortbread Cookies with Chocolate
- It’s of Cookie Dough—-.
- It’s 1 1/2 sticks of butter (room temp.) – used grass fed cow butter.
- It’s 1/2 c. of sugar.
- Prepare 1 t. of vanilla -used our homemade vanilla.
- You need 1 t. of salt.
- It’s 2 c. of flour.
- You need of Chocolate Frosting—-.
- It’s 1 stick of butter (room temp.).
- It’s 1/4 c. of shortening.
- You need 2 c. of sugar.
- It’s 1 t. of vanilla.
- Prepare 1/2 c. of cocoa powder.
My lil' Shortbread Cookies with Chocolate instructions
- Brown Butter- My family gets excited when I'm using that fancy French word -beurre noisette- Means mom's making her Little Shortbread Cookies! And why you ask, because it adds a deep, nutty flavor to myO cookies! 💚 To make brown butter simply start melting butter over medium heat. We use grass fed cow butter…no gmo's. Please only use real butter people, stop outting chemicals in your awesome bodies! Use a pan with a light-colored bottom so you can keep track of the color. I used my favorite old kitchen witch spoon, I like to add in some love & magic..
- Making the Cookie Dough- Grab a nice sized bowl & add your 1 stick of butter, 1/2 cup of sugar. I used an old potato masher to cream my butter and sugar. Stir in brown butter, vanilla & salt. By the way if your lucky enough or flippin spoiled and have a Kitchen Aid Mixer then super awesome. Yeah, I'm jealous. I don't have one…- So I workout my guns! Now start by adding your flour- Just a half a cup at a time. It's a shortbread cookie- so expect a sandy texture to your cookie mix. No Worries..
- Forming the Cookie Dough- I could not find my plastic wrap, so I grabbed a large baggie, cut out the seams, then used it to form my shortbread cookies. It was fun, kinda like Play-Doh. Thou next time I'm going to roll them out and use cookie cutters Cut then about 1/2 inch or less. Place on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350° for about 12 to 15 minutes. Place your bad-ass cookies on a cooling rack..
- My Chocolate Filling- Grab another bowl and add 1 stick of butter (room temp.), 1/2 cup of shortening, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, 2 cups of powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla (used my homemade vanilla)..
- Mix and blend well….Again with the KitchenAid Mixer or just my two little hands. Used a rubber spatula to spoon the filling into baggie with a icing tip. Just pipe it onto each shortbread cookie..
- Time to add the Naughty Chocolate Filling- Glab a baggie fill it with your filling/ frosting, cut the tip off just a tiny bit, give the baggie a whirl- a bit of a squeeze and then your filling will come out No need for fancy pastry bags and tips. Sit back, enjoy the view and have a cookie or 2! 💚.