Homemade Semolina Dessert (Greek Halvas).
You can have Homemade Semolina Dessert (Greek Halvas) using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade Semolina Dessert (Greek Halvas)
- It’s 2 cups of Semolina.
- Prepare 2 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 of Cinnamon Stick.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 of Lemon Peel.
- It’s 1 cup of Olive Oil.
- It’s 3 cups of Water.
Homemade Semolina Dessert (Greek Halvas) instructions
- To make this dessert you will need 2 sauce pots. In one add in the lemon peel and the cinnamon stick..
- In the other add the Olive Oil..
- Add water and teaspoon of cinnamon powder, sugar and boil at low heat..
- Add gradually the Semolina into the pot where the Olive Oil is heating at low heat. Stir continuously with a wooden spoon until Semolina has turned golden brown. Very carefully start and very slowly start to pour the syrup into the Semolina. This tends to splatter when you pour the syrup into the Semolina so be careful..
- I like to use a bundt form but you can use whatever you like. In a baking pan add 1 tablespoon of Cinnamon powder and 1 tablespoon of Sugar. Transfer the mixture in the baking pan and let it cool..
- Turn over on a platter or a dish and top it off with more Cinnamon. 🙂 Kali Orexei!!! 🙂.