Butter pecan snowball cookies (Mexican wedding cookies). These delectable cookies are so very easy to make. They can be baked and frozen ahead of time. Who knew one cookie could go by some many different names!
Snowball Cookies (Mexican Wedding Cookies) are a festive holiday treat! Loaded with toasted pecans to give a little extra crunch and flavor to each ball. The hallmark of the cookie is it's powdered sugar coating. You can cook Butter pecan snowball cookies (Mexican wedding cookies) using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Butter pecan snowball cookies (Mexican wedding cookies)
- It’s 1 cup of butter softened.
- It’s 1/2 c of powder sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 1/4 cups of flour.
- You need 1 c of finely chopped pecans.
- It’s 1 c of powdered sugar for dusting.
Also called Mexican Wedding, Snowball Cookies, or Tea Cookies, these Pecan Sandies have a melt-in-your-mouth crumbly texture. Pecan snowball Christmas cookies may be the one Christmas Cookie that almost every country has a version of. They are the perfect Christmas cookie, add them to your holiday baking list this year. Mexican Wedding Cookies are a Christmas cookie favorite, but there are SO many.
Butter pecan snowball cookies (Mexican wedding cookies) step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In stand mixer cream butter and powdered sugar. Turn to low and mix in salt, vanilla, flour and pecans. Roll into one inch balls. Place on parchment covered baking sheets a few inches part. Bake for 11 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool just enough to handle them. Pour 1 cup powdered sugar in large Ziploc bag. Gently add 3-4 cookies at a time and roll them gently in the bottom of the bag. Use fork to scoop under each cookie and gently shake to remove excess powdered sugar. Place on cooling racks. Once completely cooled roll in powdered sugar bag again.
My personal preference is for pecan snowball cookies, but since I exhausted my entire supply. Snowball Cookies are a cookie with many names. They are commonly referred to as Mexican Wedding Cookies. Growing up, at my house we. Mexican Wedding Cookies or Russian Tea Cakes).